VKGK is located in kommaghatta village,amidst a beautiful environment in the outskirts of 18 km Bangalore south; it is connected 3 km form kengeri town Bangalore-Mysore highway. The sprawling school campus and gardens and surroundings enhance the visual beauty of the campus, lying with a great combination of ancient Indian education system as well as modern scientific style of education.
The area consist of :
- Lush green ambience.
- Salubrious surrounding withTemple and lakes.
- Lovely homely feel.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Neat and clean campus.
- Beautiful campus away from the din of vehicles.
- Big playground for outdoor games.
- Music Room to nourish musical talent and skill.
Modern research has proved that good quality infrastructure in a school environment can greatly influence the overall well being and academic output of a child. Keeping that in mind, Vishwa kosha offers a perfect mix of good infrastructure, quality ambience and modern amenities which act as great catalysts in the child’s learning process. Children learn and flourish when they have a caring and nurturing school environment.
We have ensured that every classroom is fitted with multimedia computers. We have got, interactive whiteboards or ‘smart boards’. Each classroom is fitted with a smart board, which is connected to an overhead projector and the classroom computer. These boards are used along with educational software to help make teaching and learning an effectual, interactive and fun process.
Laboratories are an integral part of the our curriculum and pedagogy. Our Laboratories enable students to achieve a deeper understanding of concepts taught in the classroom by demonstrating to them applications and processes based on these concepts. In fact no learning would be fun without practical demonstration. We have built state-of-art laboratories for Math, Sciences and Computer. Each of these labs is equipped with a variety of subject-relevant equipment to allow for an experiential learning process, at a pace suitable to each child’s abilities. During lab hours, the students are supervised and assisted by qualified technicians and subject facilitators. Our Laboaratories also focuses on measures to ensure Lab safety to avoid accidents.
Each school has a computer centre that helps to develop a deeper understanding of technology and its working in every child. We ensure that basic knowledge of computer is given to a child right from Mont III level. We have computer lab of latest hardware and software, giving them the infrastructure to test and enhance their computer skills.
We have a well stocked libraries with a diverse range of books allow students to travel across time into different worlds. We have educational and recreational books as well as other multimedia resources for both, the students and staff, to access. The spacious, airy library has been designed to foster an interest in books and is intended to offer every child the opportunity to explore and develop his or her individual interests. The library uses an integrated management system that ensures efficient day-to-day running, circulation and inventory management.
Co – Curricular Programs
- Training is given in Public Speaking, Quiz, Scouts and Guides, Orchestra, Gardening , Arts & Crafts, Photography, Dramatics, Music and Dance.
- School holds series of workshops for parents and teachers on students enhancement.
- Participation in National , International Competitions and Educational programs.
- Overseas campus visit program for students to become familiar with campus atmosphere of reputed foreign educational institutions.
- Annual School, Class magazines and News letters are published periodically to develop student awareness, literary skills, editorial skills and to highlight achievements.
Sports and Games
- Vishwa kosha holds three day long Annual Sports Festival to develop sportsmanship and healthy competitive spirit.
- Participation in CBSE Zonal / National and International level sports competitions.
- Coaching in Swimming, Athletics, Tennis, Table Tennis, Volley ball, Foot ball, Badminton, Cricket, Hockey, Badminton, Handball, Martial arts etc.
Vishwa kosha has been set up with a view to kindle artistic skills in students by giving exposure to the wonderland of Arts and Literature. Debates, Elocutions, Recitation, Quiz, Essay, competitions etc. are conducted on regular basis by this club.
Multimedia and Arts
Computer, Fine Arts, Dramatics, Gardening, Music and Photography are also functioning in the school
Vishwa kosha holds various Debates, Group discussions , Case studies , Workshops, Quizes, Communication skills and Interpersonal skills.